Hummus DIET Version
Original & Low-Calories Version
On this journey of `healthy eating´ I actually discovered how much fun it can be to keep a balanced diet. Hummus is definitely one of my most liked foods and never thought it can be made at home that EASILY. The traditional hummus is made of chickpeas and tahini but we replaced the tahini with some ingredient which makes it less in calories and surprisingly even tastier. Ones you make this hummus at home, you will never need to buy it from outside anymore.
This hummus can be made before head and just kept in a airtight box in the fridge. You can also have this as a midnight snack without feeling guilty as per serving has only approx. 69 kcals (The traditional hummus per serving can have up to 300 kcal). You can make the perfect in-between snack for the car trip or just for home when having cravings for something salty. Combine it with some veggies like baby carrots or cucumber and enjoy the healthy recipe.
Here is the diet recipe:
- 1/2 can of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of greek yogurt or low fat yogurt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- In a blender put all the ingredients and blend till you get a smooth cream.
- Sprinkle little paprika powder or zaatar on top and enjoy with freshly cut veggies.
Original Hummus recipe:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a blender put all ingredients and blend till you get a smooth cream.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on top and serve with black olives.