Lentil Soup & Cabbage Soup
Choosing a healthy lifestyle when it comes to food is often a big challenge for many of us. Being a food lover makes this whole challenge of `eating healthy´ even more difficult. But if you start discovering recipes which are tasty then you might find it easier to skip the bad food habits and follow the `healthy eating.´ I am a great soup lover and got awesome weight loss soup recipes for you. All soups are tested and made/changed according to my test-buds.
Telling you about my healthy weight loss diet: Basically if I want to lose weight I try to skip the bad carbs (bread, pasta, rice) and instead concentrate on healthy carbs (fruits, veggies, grains, nuts). And off course the best weight loss always works with a combined exercise routine, so try to stay active by e.g. simply taking the steps instead of the lift or get up earlier and walk 15 minutes to work and 15 minutes back from work. Just try to introduce small changes and that will already result to huge improvements. The key word to a balanced weight loss is patience :). Balanced diet for me also means to have a cheat day ones in a while where I do enjoy some of my baked goods and sweets.
So here are the recipes for the Cabbage Soup and the Lentil Soup:
- 1 cup of cabbage diced
- 1 cup of celery diced
- 1 cup of carrots diced
- 1 cabbage cut
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 4 cups of chicken broth (less salt)
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 mashed tomatoes (or canned tomatoes)
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- In a pot add some drops of olive oil and garlic paste.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and sauté until slightly tender.
- Mix in the canned tomatoes and the chicken broth (check salt) and bring to a boil.
- Cook until cabbage is cooked and add in pepper, chili flakes & basil. (Or cook in a pressure cook till 3 whistles).
- Enjoy hot!
You can add ANY vegetables you have at home and make your very own cabbage soup. The concept behind this soup is basically to eat lots of vegetables and drink lots of watery soup which keeps you full for long and therefore leads to weight loss. I squeeze half a lemon before serving, that makes it even tastier if you like it little sour.
Daal Soup/ Lentil Soup
- 4 ripe Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Moong daal* soaked
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1" Piece ginger
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a pot heat oil and add cumin seeds, onion and ginger/garlic. Sauté till light brown.
- Add lentils into the pot and sauté as well. Then add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, pepper and tomatoes and let it cook till lentils are done. (Or cook in a pressure cooker till 3 whistles).
- After all is cooked, strain the lentils mixture and puree in a mixer.
- Return into the pot and boil again.
- Enjoy hot!
You can enjoy this soup with freshly baked garlic butter bread and for some extra flavor you can always squeeze some lime into the soup and enjoy hot.
*Moong Daal: Split Green Gram (the yellow version of it)