Starbucks Secret Lemon Cake
Best Lemon Cake
(Originally Lemon Loaf Recipe)
I have used this recipe a million times already and every time I make it, people fall in love with the cake. This recipe must be already with half of my friends. Originally this recipe is of a Lemon Loaf but I kind of use different cake molds and pans to keep it unique and different every time. As the title already revealed, it is a `Secret Starbucks Formula´ :), but honestly if you have already tried the Starbucks Lemon Loaf in real, then you will still find THIS cake even tasting better.
This cake is very light and fluffy in texture, easy to make and a typical american recipe using cups for measurement. So if you don´t have a kitchen scale, you will still be able to bake this loaf.
So what you waiting for, let´s get started!
(Picture taken in 2015)
Serves approx. 6-8
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp soften Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract (or Lemon Peel)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Vegetable Oil (or as Starbucks: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
Ingredients for Glazing:
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract (or Lemon Peel)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- In a bowl combine sieved flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat together the butter with the sugar. Then add the eggs one by one and mix in the vanilla and lemon extracts and lemon juice.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until smooth. (Don´t over beat at this point)
- Add oil and mix only till oil is nicely blended (max. 30sec.).
- Pour batter into a well greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 180°C for approx. 45mins. (Gas-Stove: takes approx. 35 mins.)
- Glazing Method: Combine all icing ingredients in a bowl and frost the loaf when cool.
For good results, use room temperature eggs and butter and always sieve your dry ingredients.
Whenever using a recipe for the first time, keep an eye on the oven as the given time is just an approx. time which works great for my electric oven.
Enjoy your baking :)