Mouthwatering Sour Eggplant
This mouthwatering vegetable curry will make you fall in love with eggplants. You will definitely have to try this amazing Indo/Pak recipe. I always find it difficult to make variegated vegetable curries, but knowing that vegetables are healthy, I try to create a healthy diet using varieties of vegetables. There are plenty ways of cooking vegetable but finding the tastiest flavor is a real challenge. Coming back to this recipe, Eggplants are not just tasty but also have great health benefits. They are an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C. They contain almost no fat and cholesterol and just little calories. So what you waiting for? Get the next opportunity to buy some fresh eggplants and make this great and easy to cook `Sour Eggplant Curry´.
Here is the amazing recipe:
- 7 medium sized Eggplants
- 4 small sized Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tsp Whole All Spices (Sabut Garam Masala)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 cup Tamarind soaked in 1/2 glass of water (keep aside)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- little fresh Coriander and 4 Green Chilies
- In a non-stick fry pan roast the whole garam masala till you start smelling the fragrance. (Grind and keep aside to cool)
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the eggplants till half cooked.
- Add the grinded garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in finally cut tomatoes and yogurt and cook till oil appears on top.
- Remove the soaked tamarind from the water and add the water to the curry. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- At last add garam masala powder, fresh coriander and chilies and cover with lid on low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chappati, naan (Indian bread) or boiled rice.
Good luck making this mouthwatering Curry &